Since Z. has started eating solids, we've been talking as a family if we should "go organic" or not. It's really expensive, I'm sure our food bill would more than double. Organic free-range eggs:$5. Regular eggs: $2. Milk, cheese, bread... we eat a lot of these things. But I'm getting tired of being all talk and no action.
It's just like our home. We live in a very tiny house. It's downtown, close enough to walk to work, church, everything we need. It's got a huge yard with lots of trees. It's just a crowded house. Do we move to a bigger house simply because it's bigger? Shouldn't we downsize some of our stuff instead? Shouldn't we be content to live in a house that previous generations have been fine in?
We are off for a walk around the lake now. Yes, we live 4.5 blocks from the lake in the middle of town. It's a pretty sweet deal.
2 comments:
I hear you. DH and I struggle with these choices. When we moved into our current house we chose it because there are sidewalks and we can have a veggie garden, which is organic. When we can buy organic, we do. We try to balance it with all the expenses that kids bring.
Soccer, college, veggies, stuff...it's all a balance isn't it? :)
I think buying some stuff organic and some stuff not is a good way to start. Going to farmer's markets for veggies if you can't plant your own garden, that kind of thing. I think it would be a big expensive leap to start doing it all at once!
Post a Comment