She made this wooden jewelry box in shop class, when girls didn't do that kind of thing. She only went to grade 10 (my dad was the only one to finish high school and go on to university). The jewelry box was my grandma's, it's one of the few things I have of hers, and the only thing I have of my aunt.
Monday, April 16, 2007
i don't feel like dancing (2)
This time I really don't. My aunt passed away yesterday afternoon. My dad is the youngest of ten, and my Aunt Elsie was the next youngest. She had been sick for a long time, so this really is a good thing.
She made this wooden jewelry box in shop class, when girls didn't do that kind of thing. She only went to grade 10 (my dad was the only one to finish high school and go on to university). The jewelry box was my grandma's, it's one of the few things I have of hers, and the only thing I have of my aunt.
She made this wooden jewelry box in shop class, when girls didn't do that kind of thing. She only went to grade 10 (my dad was the only one to finish high school and go on to university). The jewelry box was my grandma's, it's one of the few things I have of hers, and the only thing I have of my aunt.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I am sorry abour your aunt. It is nice that you have such a treasure from her.
I'm so sorry for you loss. I wish you and your family peace and comfort.
Post a Comment