Friday, April 13, 2007

chocolate cupcakes

This was on the America Test Kitchen website as a video. I madly scrambled to write down the recipe, and I think I got the main instructions, kind of :)

Chocolate Cupcakes

1/2 c. cocoa
2 oz. bittersweet chocolate
8 tbsp. butter

Melt together in a metal bowl over simmering water.

3/4 c. flour
3/4 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda

Mix together.

2 eggs
3/4 c. sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp. salt

Mix together.

Add chocolate mixture to egg mixture.
Mix in 1/3 of the dry ingredients.

Add 1/2 c. sour cream.

Blend in remaining dry ingredients.

Bake at 350 for 18-20 minutes, until cake tester comes out dry.
Let sit in the pan for 15 minutes and then remove and let cool for an hour before frosting.

Vanilla Bean Buttercram Frosting

10 tbsp. butter
1 1/4c. icing sugar
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 vanilla bean (just the seeds)
1 tbsp. cream

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

drool, drool, drool.

happy to see you back shannon.