Monday, June 18, 2007

works in progress

So much going on, not a lot of time to do it. Our house is plastered with projects on the go.



Taking over the only comfy chair in our house, this is the gift quilt for one of the lawyers in J's office. He's retiring and J is taking over his files. A quilt is such a small token of our huge appreciation.
















The $5 picnic quilt. It will be for our summer picnics. It cost about $5 for sheets and pillowcaseses and bargain bin fabrics that went inot this. The colours really do blend a lot better in real life. It looks pretty frightening right now!!





















A quilt for Z. A big one for when he gets a big boy bed. No rush on this project I hope :) It's the same quilt pattern as the retirement quilt.















I started this dresden plate quilt block years ago and only finished one. It's english paper piecing and while I don't mind paper piecing, this pattern sucked! The individual petals didn't fit together properly and so it's quite wonky. I thought I would use it for the doll quilt swap, but I changed my mind. I think what I have planned is much, much better. It's taking over another living room chair, waiting to be quilted.
















Birth announcement cross stitich samper for Z. Totally stalled on this project, I was motoring along really quickly on it, but completely lost momentum. Maybe once the quilts are done...


1 comment:

michelle_d said...

We had those orange/green floral sheets when we were growing up!

I just love love love all your stuff :)