Monday, June 18, 2007

menu planning

does anyone do this?

I'm trying to put some thought into our meals, but it usually falls by the wayside.

We have the ingredients for this, in no particular order for the week
  • tomato salad with fresh mozza and basil

  • greens with strawberries and balsamic vinagrette (and walnuts for me?)

  • fried rice

  • greek salad for potluck on sunday

  • stirfry with peppers, celery, carrots, onion, ... pork? ...chicken?

  • sole with lemon herb marinade

  • chicken stuffed with feta and olives

3 comments:

Katy said...

sounds yummy.
When I'm on my game I do modified menu planning from Amy Dacizyn (sp?) of Tightwad Gazette fame.
I stock my pantry/freezer/fridge with items at my "low" cost (i.e. I buy it when it's a really good deal, i.e. in season for produce).
The night before I look at what we have an abundance of and go from there. I fill in occasionally with special meals ....or "treats." and I account for one takeout/fast food meal per week (the night we are really on the go).

michelle_d said...

Have you ever seen these cookbooks?
http://cookingfortherushed.com/
She has a weekly menu plan, with grocery lists too! I have all her cookbooks. It's changed the way I plan my meals (even if I'm not using the recipes from those cookbooks)

Have a nice day :)

Jodie said...

Hi there,
I do this every week...
There's nothing better then knowing that you don't have to worry about what's for dinner, it's already planned. Another bonus to doing a menu plan is that you only buy what you NEED from the supermarket, not what you think you need and never end up using.
Your menu sounds yummy!!

Jodie