Thursday, June 14, 2007

first birthday report

After hearing many reports of first birthday parties being huge extravaganzas, we pulled in the reigns and invited only the grandparents, an uncle and a great-grandma. It was a lot of fun and just the right size. I was so glad that my parents were able to come (my dad has had meetings up north last year when he was born too, very good timing!) Bad part - very hot weather and lots of mosquitos.

Thanks to the generosity of our families, it looks like toys r us in our backyard. We have a jungle gym thing with a slide and cubbies to crawl around in. Add in a new sand table, a red wagon and an inflatible pool, we've totally run out of room! And we do have a very happy boy.















the williams-sonoma train cake - whose candle got blown out by the double fans that were on full blast during dinner.
















The scary small table filled with huge ikea plates and lots and lots of dots.

I am totally regretting not buying more polka dot fabric and napkins. Why am I not near a Target or JoAnns fabrics all the time? Oh, because I would be broke!


There were a lot of things I was going to write about today, but they have now slipped my mind and it's time for bed. Hopefully I will remember tomorrow...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

happy first birthday to zach!

michelle_d said...

Happy Birthday Zachary! I love the train cake. Love it! And all the polka dots too :)