Monday, February 12, 2007

work in progress

This is the current WIP - two small quilts for baby boys born last year. They will need to be given in the next week I think, so I need to hustle on them. I have enough blocks to make a big, full-crib sized one for my little guy too.

It's still really cold here. I miss being able to bundle us up and take the stroller downtown (ok, I miss going for coffee!!). But good news, the forecast is +1 by Thursday - hooray! Sometimes I think I talk about the weather far too much. But seriously, it's such a huge topic of conversation in our culture, it's hard to believe some people live in climates that rarely change. Bizarre.

We went to Mother Goose at the library this morning. I had known a lot of the rhymes, but I love, love, love this one, I had never heard it before.

(tune: shortnin bread)

Sittin' in my highchair, highchair, highchair
Sittin' in my highchair, banging my spoon.
Bring on the carrots, bring on the peas
Somebody feed this baby, please.

Sittin' in my highchair, highchair, highchair
Sittin' in my highchair, banging my spoon.
Bring on the taters, bring on the bread
Somebody get this baby fed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i've never heard that nursery rhyme before! :)

i head home on thursday to my parents. i really hope i can find time to be creative.

Jenny L. said...

I L-O-V-E that little teddy bear. These colors are so pretty too.