Sunday, December 03, 2006

off to germany

I've been working like crazy to get these done to send off to my oldest friend Kirsten. She lives in Germany and we have been friends for over 20 years now. She's going through a tough time right now and I wanted to do something special for her.

I made these ornaments of Hillary Lang's from Cutting Edge magazine. Note to self: easier to sew if it's not plaid fabirc.
















And a log cabin quilt. I tried to quilt "sweet dreams Kirsten" along the border, but it's hard to see.
















Whew! It's so good to be done this gift, and just under the deadline too.

December 1 was a big day. It's the first Friday in December, so it's midnight shopping downtown here. It's fun - they have horse drawn sleigh rides, carolers and even Santa roams around downtown (the whole four blocks of it!). There was a poetry reading at one of the coffee shops, and I was late and missed my friend Pam read her poem :(

But even bigger is the annual lutefisk dinner that the rest of the family went to. Four generations of them went out and fed my baby lutefisk for his first solid food. I'm still kind of horrified. Yes, my baby ate lye-soaked fish for his first taste of food. Please don't call children's services on me. I wasn't there.

We needed December 2 to recover, so we spent the day watching movies and the leadership election results (both federal liberal and provincial conservative parties). It will be interesting to see what these men will do.

3 comments:

Susie said...

Your sewing projects blow me away. I am sure your friend will love what you have created.

Katy said...

"Lutefisk left overnight becomes nearly impossible to remove."


ewwwww. ;)

your sewing is beautiful, simply beautiful.

Anonymous said...

what a fun night to get your christmas season started!