Wednesday, July 25, 2007

a day in the city














On Sunday the Edmonton Historic Festival was offering tours of the University of Alberta Clothing and Textiles collection. Thousands of historic clothing and quilts open to the general public!
These were some dresses for the 30's I think. Maybe the 40's. It's funny to buy all of this reproduction fabric and then see the original fabric just hanging there.

It was a great day. We popped in at an alternative craft fair for a bit too. I got the cutest sunglasses case. She has great stuff. Very well made.

I loved the bags and things lemonade tree had too. Very cute. She had a lot of the same thrifted sheets used in her bags as I have too! Neat to see how other people use the same fabric.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

an alternative craft fair? that's super cool. seriously shannon, i want to hit up all sorts of fun crafty things with you when i get back. :)