Thursday, May 17, 2007

home from Spokane














This is just a little plug for my amazing mom. She crocheted four Winnie the Pooh charachters for Z. They are bigger than he is almost. I am in awe of how much time she must have spent on them! And yes, that's a stool tipped over so Z. can be blocked from getting to the plants in the dining room!

Update: the patterns are from Mary Maxim















This is the weekend bag I made to go to Spokane with. The tutorial was great and easy to follow.

We had a great weekend in Spokane with visits to Sonic (for lemonberry slushes), Target (seriously, how can one spend $150 so quickly?!) and Jo-Anns. Found clothes at Macy's. Celebrated Mother's Day at the Old Spaghetti Factory.

It's tough to be home after a week of full-time babysitters. An iced cappucino helped today :) Especially when nobody showed up for our church mom's group. Again. It's getting frustrating and hard not to take personally.

Sorority comes to my house next Tuesday and we have been in major purge/clean/clear the stuff out mode. All the little household projects that have been put off are now on the front burner to be done before they arrive.
Today it was "paint the front steps" day. It's rained on them already, so I hope they will be ok. I think the paint was almost dry...

updated to add: no, I didn't get to meet Cathy :( She was heading off on her cruise the day we got there.

3 comments:

Katy said...

those are amazing!! does she have a pattern, or did she do this off the top of her head?
and your weekend sounds like it was fun, fun, fun.. I'm going to check out the link to the bag. :)

Anonymous said...

did you get to meet cathy?

love the characters your mom made!

Anonymous said...

You MADE a bag to take on vacation!?!?!?!? You are so stinkin' talented!