Sunday, October 28, 2007

auction and good reads

I've been sick. Upper bronchial infection. Six days at home, save for two visits to the Dr. By day seven, the rest of the world doesn't really care anymore and you just have to suck it up and get on with life and take care of your son.

I caught the most wonderful interview with Michael Enright and Amy Bloom this morning. I had forgotten how good he is. I am usually in church, and while he's no Gzowski, I really enjoy him on CBC. Amy Bloom has written Away, and I can't wait to read it.

I was able to catch the interview because I was going to an auction sale, where I scored christmas ornaments















and cookie cutters.















These are a few of my favourite things :) The woman sitting directly behind me was bidding on exactly what I was always bidding on. I could never tell if the auctioneer was talking to me or to her. Very confusing!

Now I need to go add Away to my Good Reads list. Man, it just sucked hours out of my weekend. I have added tons of books to my list and I just keep thinking of more I need to add. It's addicting. I started off with just a few, but then some of my Good Reads friends had hundreds and hundreds of books, so it was easy to add to my list from theirs.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

we have lots of those old ornaments at home! :) hope you're feeling better shannon.

Katy said...

I love old ornaments, I have oodles. I put a bunch in a big gold basket and just leave them out.
...and ah ha! on the goodreads, I list-borrowed too! :)Then I'd find an author and have to go through their whole list... .:D