Thursday, July 20, 2006

lunch today

I'm supposed to be watching what I eat (no sugar, no refined carbs...) and this is what's for lunch today. OK, so the cookies really are Dare Simple Pleasures, so they can't be that bad, can they?! J., if you are reading this, please forgive me - it's really, really, really hard to stay on track here!
Our raspberry patch is overflowing with berries, we have almost 3 litres in the fridge right now. They are so very, very yummy.
This is my favourite raspberry recipe right now, if it wasn't so hot out to make them: Raspberry Butter Tarts
so instead I'm going to give Raspberry Tie-Dye Pops a try instead. I hope they turn out all right. Today is 27 degrees and it's going to be even warmer for the next week. :(

I have an angel baby, he's a good eater and a good sleeper - an actual dream to take care of. He's not great at giving me a lot of free time, but I'm learning that's what comes with the territory now.

Tomorrow J. has the day off and I'm going to take advantage and get some crafting done, and maybe a quick trip to the city. I'm afraid to start a project, I can't seem to finish anything. I'm especially afraid to start sewing anything that needs ironing - I'll either forget the iron is on or I'll trip over the cord and drop the iron! Talk about irrational fears...

Enjoying: the last of the cool weather before it warms up again, free time to use the computer

Working on: what new projects I want to work on first, keeping the house clean

Grateful for: raspberries, a wonderful family, a happy, healthy baby

2 comments:

michelle_d said...

Those raspberries look so delicious. How lucky you are to have a raspberry patch. And also very blessed to have an angel baby.
Enjoy (the raspberries and the baby)

Anonymous said...

Raspberry butter tarts!? How yummy! We have tons of raspberries too right now. I'll have to check that recipe out!