Saturday, July 22, 2006

paint









































My special word of the day is paint. This is the story of the paint I bought yesterday.

J. had the day off and soI went to the city all by myself and bought fabric, embroidery floss and paint to match Z's jungle animal onesies that my sister bought him. I love these things! I have no idea what I'm going to do with this stuff (maybe a fabric book? freezer paper stencil on new/bigger onesies? another quilt? pillows?) but I love the colours and the little animals.

OK, I bought more than this, but the rest of the fabric will have to wait. I don't have paint to match it!

It was so nice to have a day off. I went and had coffee at the Second Cup and was able to read a bit. I tried on shoes at Winners. It was just like life before the baby, and it was really nice. But by the afternoon I couldn't believe how much I missed him, so I had to go home early. And that's ok with me. Life is just different now.

2 comments:

michelle_d said...

What adorable onesies! I can't wait to see what you do with the paint and fabric. I'm glad you had a nice day to yourself. I'll bet Zachary was happy to see you too.

Anonymous said...

that onesie is absolutely adorable!!! so happy things are improving with the babe shannon!