Thursday, May 18, 2006

spring is finally here

The first lilacs of the year. I was so worried they wouldn't come back, but they did, and they look great. The lilies of the valley are almost set to blossom and we've already had one iris bloom. You can see something new growing everyday for the past month - heaven.

I really have been busy making things for the baby, but for the past 2 weeks, since my mat leave started, all I've done is sleep. And the carpel tunnel syndrome makes typing, well, interesting. I can't feel my fingertips, so I'm never quite sure what key they are on!
From day one people kept saying "Oh, it's so good that your baby is due in May, that way you won't be pregnant in the summer". And I thought, sure, whatever. But the past few days it's been terribly hot and it's almost killing me!! I can't imagine being pregnant in August...











Here are some nightgowns/sleeping bags that mom and I made over easter. There was some leftover flannel that I made some burp cloths out of. Very cute fabric and I'm glad that I got it when I did, because I haven't seen anything so gender-neutral and cute since. Gee, what kind of feminist have I become?! Pink and blue shouldn't matter, should it?!












And this is the star quilt I made. It was really difficult to photograph, it seems that most photos just picked up the quilting and not the star itself, but this one finally turned out ok. It is a really soft mint green and butter yellow. The front is a green polka-dot and the star is a yellow gingham. The back is a matching green gingham. It is supposed to match the Minkee line of fabric, but it's a regular quilting cotton. I never spend a lot on fabric, but this was a splurge from our trip to Victoria when I dragged J. to the quilt store there.












And one last picture. This is the cradle in the nursery, in the afternoon light. Hopefully this week I'll get my act together and finish the nursery and get some more pictures taken of it.
Only 10 more days to go!

1 comment:

Katy said...

cute stuff.... love the quilts and goodies.

thinking of you and praying for you and that the heat goes away.