Sunday, May 28, 2006

not yet

I'm due tomorrow. The dr. said last week that there was no sign of the baby coming yet. None. At. All.

My mom has been here all of last week and she has so much energy. More projects have been completed in the last week than in the last year it seems like. I now have living room drapes that are hemmed, instead of just pinned up so they don't drag on the floor. I have dusted baseboards. I have a totally clean stovetop (and I mean totally clean, not just "good enough" clean like I usually do). We even dragged her over to the rental house we are selling and she scrubbed and cleaned there too. Poor woman. She's never going to come and visit again!

Things to do this week before the baby comes, which I am hoping now will be at least not until Wednesday:
-finish the Literacy Alberta workshop assignments
-finish entry into Cathy's circle journal (hardest topic ever - "I'm beautiful"!)
-write out thank you cards
-get my hair done on tuesday
-redeem my reflexology gift certificate on tuesday
-start the baby's scrapbook!

Enjoying: a clean house, flowers from my secret sister, lilacs and lily of the valley from the yard which smell wonderful

Working on: getting up off the couch by myself, rolling over in bed by myself, picking things up off the floor by myself (none of these things are working very well right now)

Eating: bbq hot dogs, peanut butter cookies my mom made, pink cookies from the Rocket bakery in Spokane, golden delicious apples

Grateful for: help and support during this waiting time, cooler weather so I'm not melting anymore, rain for the farmers, all in all a worry-free pregnancy.
-

1 comment:

michelle_d said...

Shannon,
I'm so glad you posted. I've been wondering how you're feeling. And I don't think you need to worry about your mom not visiting you ever again! Hee hee.

So glad you are doing well. And I can't wait to hear the news. Keeping you in my prayers.