Wednesday, December 12, 2007

calendars

It's a long, long story.

Elizabeth made this super-duper cute calendar, and I thought, hey! that would be a great thing to make for Christmas!!

So to start, in my tiny city I live, I start scouring the town for cork. No luck. And for funky clips. No luck.

Change the plan, decide to bind it instead.

Go to Staples.

It will take over a week to send them away to get them coil bound. That's ok, I have LOTS of time!

Two weeks later, still no phone call from Staples. Go in myself and check.

"OOHHH, yes, I just saw your envelope yesterday" says the staples lady. Before I can ask why they didn't phone me, I see why. They bound them incorrectly. They bound them here in town with this stupid binding instead of sending them away for a coil binding.

When you go to hang the calendars on the wall they don't lay flat. Which makes for a sucky calendar.

Of course, there's not enough room at the top to re-bind them. Not enough time to make some more. They have been sitting there for two weeks and nobody phoned.

Ugh.

They had turned out so nicely and I was just crushed they weren't perfect. I highly recommend making one of the calendars, they are so much fun. Just don't take it to Staples and get them bound :)

1 comment:

nadine jenine said...

i hope you raised a stink and at least got a discount on them!