Tuesday, January 16, 2007

baking

I love to bake. Mostly quick breads - loaves, coffee cakes, but especially muffins.
This is my favourite cookbook. I got it when I was little (the publication date is 1982!) and when my mom photocopied half the recipes out of it when I left home with it, I knew how much we had used it. The number one recipe has to be chocolate chip banana muffins.

















It has the best illustrations. These cute little gnomes are always interacting with the ingredients of the muffins.





Other favourites right now:
Once Upon a Tart

Birthday Cakes : Recipes and Memories from Celebrated Bakers (ok, it's reallly just eye candy!)

Girlfriends Forever

and of course: marthastewart.com has everything you need and more

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i have girlfriends forever, but you know, i've never actually made anything out of it. in fact, i don't even know how much i've looked at it!