Monday, September 04, 2006

septemberish

The leaves are starting to turn colour. Summer is really starting to end.

The schools started back last week and the university starts this week. The freshmen arrive today. We were having a birthday lunch for my mother-in-law in their backyard and we kept hearing cheering that would last a few seconds, then start again in a few minutes. It was the o-teams (orientation teams) cheering as a new car arrived at Augustana - surrounding the car, finding out where the student was assigned to, then unloading the car and taking the student and their belongings to their room. I LOVED being part of -team. I still have all my t-shirts at my parents house.

I love September. Fall. Crisp mornings. Sweaters.

All the Betsy-Tacy books start off in September, at the start of the school year. (Yes, chapter 5 of Betsy in Spite of Herself is called Septemberish - I don't have a birthday in September!).

It's a time of fresh starts and new beginings, and not as stressful as new years resolutions. Maybe I just don't handle the heat of summer very well.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't realize Augustana was in Camrose - cool! I had my orientation at the U of A today. It was really fun (though there weren't any cheers!).

Katy said...

I LOVED Betsy and Tacy.
I used to have to wait for the "favorite" books because there weren't enough and everyone wanted to check them out at the same time! ;)