
We are on our second box of apples from the farm and this is the prettiest of the box. They are huge this year, and perfect for eating straight off the tree.
That said, I've been making applesauce like crazy. Then I got tired of that and just started chopping them up and throwing them into freezer bags for crisps and now the freezer is overflowing.
I tried these applesauce muffins and they were great (switched the walnuts to more chopped apple for the nut allergy...) Must make an apple coffeecake too.
It really is fall. Pam and I have been walking around the lake in the morning and it is quite...fresh? .... crisp?... freaking cold?!!! Z. gets all bundled up and sleeps through the whole thing. It's been good to get moving like this again.
3 comments:
Lovely apples. We have a giant bag of "windfall" from a friend of my parents orchard that I need to get started on. Did you sign up for Angry Chicken's Mail order? It only runs through Saturday, so quick like a bunny. I want to see what you make with the goodies.
we are currently eating a massive box of pears. so good, but like 3 a day is a bit much. ;) i don't know what to do with pears!
Oh! you're so lucky. And now, I'm hungry :)
Post a Comment