Friday, May 01, 2009

ten on friday

10. We have had a sick baby. It throws the whole schedule off kilter.

9. I have a severe crush on this quilt.

8. I'm wondering if I should plan a Very Hungry Caterpiller birthday party in June.
Softies! Cupcakes! All kinds of crafts!

7. I can't believe it's May. It still snowed this week. It's crazy.


6. Great movies I've rented or bought recently: Slumdog Millionaire, The Reader and The Women.


5. My dad is recording No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency for me because we don't get HBO. It's sooo
good it's convinced me I need to start reading the books.


4. My taste for mineral water has come back. I haven't really had any to drink in years, but I'm very lonesome for Europe and am living vicariously through food and drink. Lots of bread and cheese are a being consumed as well.


3. I have four baby quilts on the go right now. How did that happen?


2. I fell off the wagon... the menu-planning wagon. I need some healthy inspiration and the last few issues of Everyday Food have been a disappointment.


1. I'm waiting impatiently to plant our tomato, lettuce and herb seedlings. In a few more weeks they will be huge!

2 comments:

michelle_d said...

I love the idea of a hungry caterpillar party! Go for it! :)

Elizabeth said...

The caterpillar links are great!

I've made a few things from the recent EF issues that have turned out well... the black bean stew is fantastic (it's a crock pot recipe, don't have the issue in front of me) and the shrimp/zucchini tostadas were OK though I added a bunch to the toppings. Probably changed them so much they weren't really the real thing any more : )