It's that time of year. I decided last year to buy cards this year. It's always a dilema. But as my oldest and dearest friends know, I overextend myself just a bit over the holidays. Just a bit. Homemade cards will have to wait for another year.
The dilema this year is newsletter or no newsletter? Pictures? That would mean arranging a family photo. So many decisions.
Did you know that Hallmark cards has a holiday card help area? t has lots of great ideas regarding holiday newsletter and cards. This is from the Holiday Daily Post that I found on their website:
Newsletter Writing
Lauren Debiak, writer
Here are ideas I’ve used to make my holiday newsletters thoughtful, fresh and fun. Feel free to nab a few for your own this year.
1. Find your inner photographer. Dress up the dog. Include recent photos or silly ones from childhood and write funny captions. Feature a person holding a sign with a holiday message on it. Use a child’s artwork.
2. Include festive quotes. Inspirational or cheerful words can set the tone for your newsletter. Use one at the beginning or close of your season’s greetings.
3. Parody a popular holiday tale. Choose your favorite carol or story, and replace the characters with your family members. Get creative with your story-telling.
4. Make a hits list. Put all your “best-ofs” in one place—from most-watched TV shows and top playlists to Web sites worth visiting and must-reads.
5. Share key ingredients for a good year. Format your newsletter to read as a holiday recipe. Start with sugar and spice. Also, include a delicious dessert recipe of your own.
6. Theme your newsletter. Was it a year of changes, travel or growth? Tailor your images to fityour theme.
7. Write your holiday checklist. Outline your family’s big to-dos this year in a fresh, fun format.
8. Challenge your readers to trivia. Include fun facts or a quick quiz based on your latest news.
9. Let them put in their two cents. Each family member writes a little bit about their year. You can even write a blurb from the family pet’s point of view.
10. Highlight the year’s most memorable moments. Share your favorite memories. Don’t forget the honorable mentions.
Friday, November 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh don't remind me. I am so far behind it isn't even funny. I don't think I could ever write a newsletter, I do enjoy reading everyone else's though. :)
I tend to put off the newsletter until the last possible moment and then brain storm something creative. One year a poem, one year a list of things we are thankful for... I tend not to do the "don got promoted and we are all so talented and wonderful" type.. :) A cute kid picture is always a hit.. we do a shot when we get our tree and just make copies of that. What are you going to do?
Post a Comment