I want to make another one of these quilts. This was J's birthday quilt two years ago (finished last summer). The next one will be a baby quilt, without the borders. I need to find some soft sage green fabric to match the paint in the office/nursery. The colour is wonderful, French Gray Linen, very similar to the Restoration Hardware sage colour. I was hoping to find a small check,some polka dots, and some other small, uni-sex prints, but no luck in Edmonton fabric stores. It's frustrating to have an idea in your head and not be able to finish it. Of course, I could order nursery bedding online that would be perfect, but completely out of the question. Nursery things like this or this or even this.
On a completely unrelated note...
I adore Tracy Porter. The video she has on her site right now made me really understand why J wants to move from the city to the country. Although her site seems to be mostly shopping right now, years ago she used to have monthly columns that were really inspirational. I don't know what posessed me at the time, but I'm glad I printed out most of them. Looking at them last night helped me to get a bit out of the funk that I've been in.
Some Tracy quotes:
"The new year...a time of change, a time of new beginnings, a time of reflection...a time to put it all in perspective. 'Putting it all in perspective' is a wonderful expression our team uses to remind ourselves to focus on what is really important both in our business and in our own lives."
"Learning to appreciate the things that really matter plays a huge role in creating a peaceful and happy life."
"Make a conscious decision to live for each moment...to savour each day...to delight in every person that is a part of your world."
"Live your life to music."
p.s. The Tracy Porter bug hit my sister too. For a wedding gift, she gave us a Tracy cake stand. For being our maid of honour, I gave her earrings in a Tracy mug. I'm sure my in-laws thought we were crazy, but our parents understood why we were so freaked out and excited!
No comments:
Post a Comment